Thursday, February 2, 2012

Biography Thursday - Kellan Lutz (Emmett)


From IMDb:

Date of Birth
15 March 1985, Dickinson, North Dakota, USA

Birth Name
Kellan Christopher Lutz

Height
6' 1" (1.85 m)

Mini Biography
Actor and model Kellan Lutz is one of a large family - he has six brothers and a sister. As a child his family moved around and he grew up in North Dakota, the Midwest and Arizona. Upon high school graduation, Lutz relocated to California to attend Chapman University and study Chemical Engineering, but left in order to pursue a career in acting.

Lutz had picked up a few modeling jobs as a teenager, but got his first TV break with a small role in "The Bold and the Beautiful" (1987). More television success followed, including parts in "The Comeback" (2005) and "Generation Kill" (2008). He was also cast in some film roles, including Accepted (2006) and Prom Night (2008/I), but his major break came in 2008 when he won the role of vampire Emmett Cullen in the smash hit Twilight (2008/I), and its subsequent sequels.

Trade Mark
Ripped body (as displayed in Calvin Klein X Underwear Campaign)

Trivia
Favorite place is South Africa.

Is real life friends with Twilight (2008/I) co-stars Nikki Reed, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson.

Grew up in Arizona.

Born in North Dakota.

Has six brothers and one sister.

Originally asked to read the role of "Edward" in Twilight (2008/I), but was busy filming "Generation Kill" (2008) in Africa.

Kellan was the male lead actor in Hilary Duff's music video "With Love".


Personal Quotes
I love life way too much and find fun in almost anything. I'm a chameleon.

(About the Twilight (2008/I) cast): This cast rocks! We get along so well together it's like a real family which is great to see.

Well my family is really supportive of it all and is glad to see me on TV or on the big screen which is great. As far as school, well it affected that greatly since I quit going to school to take the biggest risk of my life and pursue acting. I worked my butt off in high school and received a lot of scholarships for college and to throw all that away for acting was tough for my family, but it was just something I felt my heart pulling me towards and don't regret a single minute of it. I love to act!




1 comment:

Twilight fan goodies (Breaking Dawn part 2) said...

Hey all! Fellow Twilighters, some goodies from Summit have leaked online! Awesome news, I know!!! I found and downloaded this torrent (46 MB) with not yet seen videos, songs and pictures. Figured some of you guys would want it too! :D http://www.mnova.eu/torrent/5454073/Twilight_fan_goodies_%28Breaking_Dawn_Part_2%29.rar.html