Thursday, February 9, 2012

Biography Thursday - Jamie Campbell Bower (Caius)


From IMDb.com:

Date of Birth
22 November 1988, London, England, UK

Birth Name
James Campbell M Bower

Height
6' (1.83 m)

Mini Biography
Jamie Campbell Bower has a love for performing and for being in the spotlight and is an ex-member of the National Youth Music Theatre. Jamie is a good singer and used to be the lead singer in a band called "The Darling Buds", he is also a model for Select Model Management. He is from London and went to school privately at Bedales School in Hampshire. Whilst still at school there, he was told that he had got the part of "Anthony" in "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street", which he was recommended to audition for by family friend, Laura Michelle Kelly. Bower later went on to star in RocknRolla (2008) as "Rocker", directed by Guy Ritchie. He will make his next on-screen appearance as "Caius", a member of the Volturi coven, in the tween franchise that is New Moon (2009) alongside actors such as fellow Brit Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. Bower will be seen also in the next installments of Twilight, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010) and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011). He will also join the "Harry Potter" cast as "Gellert Grindelward" in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010) and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011).

Trivia
Former member of the National Youth Music Theatre.

Began his career when family friend Laura Michelle Kelly introduced him to her agent.

Attended Bedales school.

Dressed as a mouse for Halloween.

Attended Burberry's return to London Fashion Week catwalk.

He models clothes for his designer ex-girlfriend Zoe Graham.

Has a younger brother named Samuel.

A great fan of music, one of his favorite songs is "Marlene", by Lightspeed Champion and he named his 2009 album of the year, "Only Revolution", by Biffy Clyro.

Is a fan of Arcade Fire and Clement Marfo.

Is good friends with fellow vampire from New Moon (2009), Edi Gathegi.

Engaged to Bonnie Wright [May 10, 2010].


Personal Quotes
I'm going to cry until I get another job. I want to do more movies. I feel like it's a totally different skill set than there is to theater. It's much more internal. I'm an extrovert, I like to gesticulate and talk loud and stuff, and the theater is easy for me. I can go up there and spread my legs and go, 'Here I am'. Oh, don't get that wrong. Whereas in cinema you have to be much more thoughtful, and I find that a lot more challenging.

People don't get it, they think I'm rich. I'm not! I have no money!

I grew up with Johnny Depp and Tim Burton's films -- like Edward Scissorhands (1990) and Sleepy Hollow (1999) -- when I was first realizing that I really liked films and understood what a good film was.




No comments: