Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Peter Facinelli interview



Peter Facinelli, who plays the father figure, Carlisle Cullen in the upcoming Twilight movie, speaks out about his role in the movie with The New York Posts' blog POPWRAP. Here are some of the highlights of his interview with the blog:

PW: Your next movie "Twilight" has a lot of devout fans - did that make you nervous?
Peter: When we first started filming, absolutely. But I think they'll all be really happy with the finished result. I saw some of it the other day and it's so beautiful. I love the look of the film and Catherine [Hardwicke, the director] has the most amazing vision. She's made a very artistic film and combined it with a very commercial piece.

PW: So it doesn't look like "Harry Potter," then?
Peter: It's not CGI-ed to the max, we're not trying to be anything but "Twilight" and I think it's going to be great. I just hope the fans are happy because it's difficult when you have a specific vision in your head about a book.

PW: You sport a very different look as Carlisle Cullen - bleach blond hair - do you like it? Peter: When I first went blond, I didn't think it was working, but it looks so good on film. That's the other thing about Catherine - she's like my wife in the sense that she can go into a bare home and visualize what it's going to look like just from the foundation. Catherine can look at you and see the character within, you don't have to walk into the room looking like them. She'll take care of that.

PW: Are you guys already thinking sequels or just going one day at a time?

Peter: For me, I take everything one day at a time. With all the excitement, I'm just hoping people show up and want more. I would love to be part of more "Twilight" films - I had such a great time on this one.

To read the article in its entirety you can click here.

Source: POPWRAP

7 comments:

hoLLy said...

i think he makes a great carlisle! i hope they do ALL the sequels!

Cindy said...

He does make a great Carlisle. Every new article about the movie just gets me more and more excited!

Sheba's Mommy said...

I am so glad that I saw the preview to Twilight before I read any of the books, so that way I already have these people pictured in my head as the characters. I think Peter is very handsome, much the way he is in the books! I too, REALLY hope they do all the sequels! Man, I am so bummed that I am done reading the books...I am tempted to just start them over again. Is that too obsessed? lol

Moon Devious said...

Its not obsessed at all!! I've read Twilight and Breaking Dawn 3 times, New Moon, Eclipse, and the chapters of Midnight Sun that Stephenie Meyer posted on her site twice. Ok...maybe I'M a little obsessed...but its all good. :)

Sheba's Mommy said...

I'm so glad to know that several of you like to read the books over again, I think you would get a different perspective when you read them over again. I just started reading twilight again today, and I'm only on chapter 2, but already I see things differently, understand the things that are happening more...I am enjoying it!

Cindy said...

It's amazing how much you learn when you read the books again. I'm reading Eclipse right now and I just noticed that one of the victims of the Seattle slayings was named Omar Jenks - Is this man somehow connected to J. Jenks in Breaking Dawn???? I know J.'s atty name was Jason Scott, but why did he use Jenks??? I have no idea. But I do think it's odd to have two Jenks, both living in Seattle. I personally know no one with the last name of Jenks. Maybe it's a popular name in the northwest - beats me.....

Oh, how I wish Stephenie would write ALL FOUR books from Edward's POV ~ we would learn so much more!!!!!

Sheba's Mommy said...

I would love that too Cindy! I sure hope she changes her mind about putting Midnight Sun out, I'd really like to read the finished copy.