Friday, January 29, 2010

Stephenie's 1-27-10 Website Update


January 27, 2010

Hope your new years have all started off right. A few unrelated things:

- I've been very impressed with the world in general and the Twilight fansites in specific in the support and love everyone is giving Haiti. It's amazing to see how Twilight fans have come together to help. You are wonderful people. At this point, I think it's important for all of us to remember that the situation in Haiti is not going to be cured overnight, so... keep up the good work, and let's all keep the Haitians in our thoughts and prayers.

- A new book recommendation: I recently read and adored The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. It was one of those books that feel absolutely perfect and satisfying, and when you finish it you sit around wishing that you could find another book just like it.

- I realized that there was an egregious oversight on my music recommendation page. How have I never listed Metric? That's crazy. Anyway, Fantasies was one of the best albums of 2009.

- Finally, a movie recommendation: Dear John comes out Friday the fifth of February. Thanks to my cool friend Wyck (who many of you have seen in various Twilight Saga interviews, as he is one of the producers on our movies, and who is a producer on Dear John) I got to see this one early. I will confess, I cried. Also, I discovered Channing Tatum, who I̢۪ve somehow missed until now. Likey. Lots. Amanda Seyfried is entrancing as always, and the chemistry (chemistry is always the crux of a movie for me) between them is lovely. Though the chemistry between Channing Tatum and Richard Jenkins (who plays his father) was my favorite part.

Have a great week!

Steph

stepheniemeyer.com

2 comments:

hoLLy said...

i have several friends who have read that potato peel pie society and have loved it too. i need to read it already!

Anonymous said...

I kinda have been expecting this in a way...
But I reali dun think da world is going to end...start a new era maybe but the world is not ending.
That's not gonna happen till a thousand years later! Ok, I'm not sure bout that either but that's not the point! The world's not gonna end! Full stop!
[url=http://2012earth.net/mayan_calendar_2012.html
]apocalypse 2012
[/url] - some truth about 2012