Friday, January 15, 2010

'Twilight Phenomenon' Strikes Four-Legged Friends


"Bella" was 2009's most popular name for US dogs, according to a leading American pet insurer.

"Max," the most popular dog's name for six years running, was beaten to first place by the name "Bella", shared with the protagonist of the hit US vampire series Twilight. The survey of 475,000 pets, conducted by Veterinary Pet Insurance, the largest provider of pet insurance in America, showed that "Max" did remain the US's most popular cat name however.

"Chloe" took second place amongst the felines, with Bella the third most popular. Newcomer "Angel" bumped old favouite "Charlie" from the list altogether, whilst children's favorite "Tigger" dropped four places to number seven.

Source: The Independent

Have you named anything after a Twilight character?

11 comments:

Cindy said...

Yes, if you count the cardboard figure of Edward I got for Christmas last year. His name is "Flat Edward". He's been on many trips and is great at parties!! And he's fabulous at scaring people while he's lurking in dark corners :-)

Unknown said...

I named my teddy bear Jacob. Hahaha, and I plan on naming my first born son Jacob as well. :)

Anonymous said...

My aunty named her daughter Meyer after Stephenie Meyer (not exactly a Twilight Character but I thought I'd mention it)

Kira said...

Every time I named my fish by a Twilight-related name, it would die! So, no more Edwards/Roberts or Jaspers here... I did try to convince my son to call his stuffed pet wolf cub Jacob - didn't work either...

Anonymous said...

My horse gave birth 8 weeks ago and we named the little foal Cullen :)

Jennifer said...

My new baby born sept was going to be Blake Edward and my husband vitoed it:( I thought it was greatr and my dads middle name..lol

Anonymous said...

We got a YorkiePoo puppy in October and we named him Charlie. It really fits him because he is all black.

Elya said...

My husband and i got a Jeep Patriot in May of 2008 and we couldn't decide on a name to call it (yes, we name our cars!). We kept rolling around names of Greek and Roman gods, but nothing ever stuck quite right. Then I read the Twilight books that September when a student of mine recommended them. It only took the first book to hear the name Emmett and know that was it! So now our Jeep is loving called Emmett by both myself and my husband.

Pat said...

I have 3 pets representing the Twilight cast. Bella and Edward are my two 10 month pugs and Jacob is my 4 month chihuahua. My little Emmett passed away at 5 months. He was part pug and pomeranian. We are definitely Twilighters! We are hoping Bella will give us Jasper and Alice, Rosalie and a new Emmett! We love our Twilight animals and are looking forward to more of the cast to be part of the Lopez family!

Florentina said...

I'm thinkin about naming my first born daughter Isabella. I already loved that name but now I'm totally addicted to twilight I love it even more :)


HS

Pet Insurance said...

Many pet lovers now a days are planning for pet insurance which shows their care towards their pets. There are many advantages of pet insurance, top reasons to go in for pet insurance are Bears the cost of medical expenses, Insuring multiple pets and many more.