Thursday, October 2, 2008

Twilight Soundtrack

The Twilight soundtrack will hit stores on October 28 MTV reports:

"Now, a big name is joining Stephenie Meyer's beloved franchise: former Jane's Addiction frontman Perry Farrell."

MTV also confirms some of the bands that will be featured on the soundtrack:

"In addition to appearing in the movie itself, the Farrell song will be featured on the "Twilight" soundtrack scheduled to go on sale October 28. The filmmakers have already confirmed that actor Robert Pattinson will have two songs in the film. Paramore will also contribute two tracks, and Meyer faves Muse will have one as well.

Judging by Farrell's comments, "Go All the Way" would seem likely to exist during one of the many romantic scenes between Pattinson's Edward and Kristen Stewart's Bella. Additional details about the film's soundtrack are expected to be announced over the next several days."

Full Article

However, Stephenie Meyers website confirms a NEW date for the album to be released- November 4th. Stephenie's reps did confirm that Paramore will be featured on the soundtrack, and here's what Hayley Williams from the band had to say about being a part of the Twilight soundtrack:


"Twilight is the first series of books I've ever read. I didn't get into the Harry Potter series even though I love the movies. Twilight really caught my attention and held it. I'm really excited to see the book adapted to film and excited that our band gets to be a part of the phenomenon. I chose the title "Decode" because the song is about the building tension, awkwardness, anger and confusion between Bella and Edward. Bella's is the only mind Edward can't read and I feel like that's a big part of the first book and one of the obstacles for them to overcome. It's one added tension that makes the story even better."

To read the full article on Stephenie's website and to listen to the song DECODE, click HERE.

The soundtrack can also be pre-ordered on Amazon.com or of course you can fight the crowd in stores on NOVEMBER 4th! Mark your calendars everyone!

Sources: MTV movie news, Stepheniemeyer.com

7 comments:

hoLLy said...

cool info! i bet the soundtrack will be awesome. thanks aimee!

ACDC2005 said...

I can't wait either! I think it's gonna be a good one!

-Melissa- said...

Can't wait to hear it!

Tara D. said...

It's also now available for pre-order on Amazon.com. I'm considering pre-ordering it. Or maybe I'll just take my perdy lil butt to the store and buy it when it comes out. ? All I know is that I WILL have it.

hoLLy said...

the end of this post actually says that you can preorder at amazon.

i wouldn't preorder. they'll have PLENTY O' COPIES at stores- just like with breaking dawn.

Cindy said...

I had an ordeal with the whole pre-ordering of BD, so I agree with Tara: I'll just take my perdy 'lil booty (yeah, right) down to the store as well!! It's more fun that way anyways....

Sheba's Mommy said...

Oooooh, now I really can't wait to get the soundtrack! Yeah, I'll most likely be going down to the store too. :)