Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Lipgloss Made For Kissing Robert (or should we say Edward!)


From Adryanna at ChicagoNow.com:

No offense Carrie Bradshaw but when it comes to the big screen this summer, my heart belongs to Edward Cullen. Eclipse, the next movie in the Twilight series, comes out on June 30 and I can't wait.

I'm no twi-hard but two hours of gawking at Robert Pattinson playing the romantic vampire is hard to beat - yes SJP, even for you and your wardrobe. Side note: I rendezvoused with Robert Pattinson in NYC last summer, and he is even more sexy in person. Unfortunately, I couldn't translate our playful chat into a kiss, but I might have buried my composure in a cocktail and gone in for a souvenir smooch if I had this conditioning, plumping and tinting lip stain with me. It was designed for kissing Edward Cullen, literally. Wanna see?

Luna Twilight Duwop "Blush" Lip Venom, $16, Nordstrom.

The lipstain is the latest addition to the Luna Twilight beauty collection available at Nordstrom, starting today and inspired by Eclipse. It feels a little juvenile to whip out any product with the Twilight logo on it, but the collection's "Blush" Lip Venom (it's really called Lip Venom) is worth a try!

It's two products in one. Cool, huh? If you don't shake it up, the product is a lip softening oil conditioner. Once shaken, you have the conditioner plus a plumping pink lip stain. The color is gorge. I've been looking for a product just like this - gives lips a natural flush and provides a bit of TLC at the same time.


Luna Twilight "Team Edward" Color Palette, $28, Nordstrom.

Luna Twilight "Team Jacob" Eye Palette, $28, Nordstrom.

The line also includes two eyeshadow and lip gloss palettes - one with cool-toned Team Edward shades of silver, blue and pink and the warm-toned Team Jacob version with shades of gold, bronze and green. I'm not typically a huge fan of eyeshadow palettes because there's always that one shade you never use. But I was totally impressed with how versatile and pretty all the colors were on these palettes. Obviously, I'm Team Edward, but it's a toss up on which palette is my fave.

Are you excited to see Eclipse? Would you wear Twilight-inspired makeup? Team Edward or Team Jacob?

2 comments:

Cherrie said...

I am 50 years old and I would wear this makeup! lol I put off reading the Twilight books for so long because I thought they would just be a teen thing. Well a friend gave me the book, which I read and now I am hooked! lol Who doesn't love a great love story!

em said...

OMG! Yes I would wear this!!...its sooooooo cute!

TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY, BABY!!!