Friday, June 11, 2010

Nikki Talks About "Breaking Dawn Negotiations & MTV Movie Awards

From MTV.com:

When it comes to believing rumors about the "Twilight" cast, Nikki Reed has some simple advice straight out of the '80s hip-hop playbook: Don't believe the hype.

"I think it's kind of an obvious thing that we would all come back to do ['Breaking Dawn']," the 22-year-old actress told MTV News on Tuesday at the Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards, addressing a rumor to the contrary that said salary disputes threatened to sideline one or more of her castmates. "The media gets involved. I mean, I didn't really read anything that was printed," she said, adding with a laugh: "At least the things that were printed about me."

While Reed isn't reading the blogs, trades or tabloids, sometimes her parents are. "I get the occasional phone call from my mom or my dad going, like, 'Hey, is this true? I heard that.' And I'm like, 'No! No, I'm not having a baby. No, I'm not! And yes I'm doing "Breaking Dawn"!' [Laughs.] It's always random."

A collective sigh of relief came from Twilighters worldwide when it was confirmed that Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and the rest of the cast would, in fact, reunite for director Bill Condon's take on the fourth and final "Twilight Saga" book, "Breaking Dawn."

"Of course we're all going to do the fourth movie. We did the first, second and third, and it makes sense, because we love the books and we want to make these movies," she said. Perhaps wary of contributing to complicated reports herself, Reed quickly added: "I mean, I'm speaking for myself, I guess."

Reed first caught the attention of moviegoers in "Thirteen," the 2003 teen drama she co-wrote when she was just that age herself. Reed's "Thirteen" co-writer and director, Catherine Hardwicke, went on to cast her in the first "Twilight" movie, which launched the franchise just two years ago.

Last year's "New Moon" is nominated in multiple categories at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards, including Best Movie, but Reed insisted, "We should all win," noting, "I'm very diplomatic."

While it seems assured that all the "Twilight" movies will end up nominated at future Movie Awards, there's one category currently featuring two of her co-stars she's confident she'll never appear in. "I still won't be nominated for Best Kiss, because I never kiss anyone!" she laughed.

No comments: