Monday, August 17, 2009

I know what you did this summer, Stephenie Meyer.


Stephenie Meyer has updated her website to say how she spent her summer vacation. She has a list of some great book and song recommendations and ended with this quote-
“And finally movies. Mostly when I get out to a movie, it’s a kid’s movie. So Pixar’s Up was the highlight of my summer. And then this Saturday I went to see an actual grown-up people movie, yay! Admittedly, I went to see the New Moon trailer on the big screen (yes, I’m a total dork. Who cares? It was worth it). But then I stayed to see Bandslam because the reviews were so good, and I was glad I did. With my hopeless love of music coupled with my total lack of musical ability, I really dug Will. He’s my hero right now. It had a good soundtrack, as one might expect, a lot of very quotable one-liners, and it turned upside down some of those lame female-interaction stereotypes. It’s a good time.
So that’s my “How I Spent My Summer.” I hope you guys had a really good time this summer, and found some great stuff of your own. I love this world full of stories and songs waiting to be discovered! And I also love you, the awesome Twilight (and maybe a few Hosts, too) fandom. I stalk your websites all the time—you guys are hilarious (I recently added LTT to my stalk list; thanks for the laugh lines, ladies). I’m looking forward to seeing some of you in November for a little movie release that I’m excited about. Too many months to go!”


I want OTC to be on her stalk list. We can only hope, lol. So how many of our readers went and saw Bandslam over the weekend (or watched the leaked trailer online)? Was the trailer everything you hoped it would be? I thought it was fabulous!
And is anyone else just dying to know if and when Stephenie Meyer will finish Midnight Sun? Or write another addition to the Twilight Saga?

5 comments:

Janelle said...

I agree the trailer was so amazing. It was a little disappointing though because It keeps on reminding me that there's still months to go. I can't wait, It's killing me! I also read the Midnight Sun partial draft and decided I might have to hunt Stephenie Meyer down and beg her to finish. It was phenomenal! Keep writing, Steph! Thanks for bringing the wonderful Twilight world into our lives!** ;-D

Kira said...

I would love to see "Midnight Sun" finished... She stopped right before the day of Edward's "reveal" and their first kiss - I can't wait to read Edward's perspective on that...

Sora음악 said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE_oJwXF_wQ

The OFFICIAL NEW MOON TRAILER #2 is out in GOOD quality too :)

also on edwardsmeadow.com

Anonymous said...

I thought the trailer was awesome!! I was trying to hold in my screaming while i was watching it!! Bandslam was a great movie as well.
Anybody who hasn't seen the trailer yet go to:
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/twilight-series/videos/7668802/title/new-moon-teaser-2-hd
Hope you like it!

Unknown said...

Stephenie....wish you spent your summer working on Midnight Sun!!!!!