Wednesday, May 6, 2009

David Slade explains

Twilight Lexicon received an email from David Slade, in which he tries to dig himself out of his hole. Read on-
"Dear Laura and Lori,
I would be grateful if you could distribute this statement to the fans of Twilight:
I would like to address some statements that I made regarding Twilight.
When I made these comments, I had neither seen the film nor read the books. I was promoting a comedy short film that I had made for Xbox and every pop culture subject was seen as a possible comedy target. I was being silly and none of the statements were from the heart.
Of course, I have since seen the movie and read the books and was quickly consumed with the rich storytelling and the beautifully honest characters that Stephenie Meyer created.
I would like to reassure everyone involved that I am invested in making the best film that I am humanly capable of, and that I am acutely aware of the power of the original books we serve.
Please be rest assured this statement is absolutely from the heart.
yours sincerely
DAVID SLADE"
It seems heartfelt enough. What do you think? Should we forgive him? Ah, okay, I will; he's better make one heck of a movie! Or else...just kidding. ;)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I agree, one can only redeem oneself, if true remorse has been shown.
If the movie won't live up to it's true potential Mr. Slade can rest assured I will not pay good money to see any of his work again!!!

hoLLy said...

i think i'll give the dude a chance:)

Komal Dadlani said...

I still have my doubts, when I look at his picture I say that he is just not right. What if he wants to direct Eclipse just for the money ? And what if he lied with this reply?


I agree with what one of you guys said about Stephanie knowing something about him that we don't know.

I don't mind him directing the vampire fight scene, but to get to the essence of Eclipse... I don't know, you really need to love every aspect of Twilight.