Monday, May 4, 2009

Eclipse Director David Slade on Twilight- "Just shoot me!"

/Film has the following posted on their webpage regarding remarks made by David Slade, the man who's been chosen to direct Eclipse.
'When Peter compiled his epic and useful list of directors, actors and screenwriters
plugged into Twitter, one of those included was Hard Candyman David Slade. Today, however, it seems like Slade’s Twitter account has been deleted, which is a crying shame. Besides the loss of an interesting tweeter, another of the reasons this is unfortunate is that the deletion covers Slade’s tracks a little and hides a rather amusing little attack he launched on the Twilight franchise.
That being the very same Twilight franchise Slade has subsequently signed up to, and for which he will be directing the third installment, Eclipse. Oops.
So, the original Tweet might be gone but after the break we have audio of Slade ripping into Twilight and, if nothing else, its quite funny stuff… and I can’t help wondering what Summit Entertainment, the Twilight cast and Stephenie Meyer think about it?
This clip comes from the BDK movie show on WJFK in Washington DC. The show goes out every Friday night from 7p to 10pm EST and has featured me as a guest now a couple
of times, and I’ll be back this Friday the 8th May too. Slade came up in conversation during last night’s show and the show’s host, Kevin McCarthy promised to dig up this gem from their archives. With Kevin’s blessing we present the clip here for you now:" Click here to visit /Film to hear the actual audio clip from David Slade.

"…and so yesterday we were trying to find a movie to see and we’d seen all the good ones, you know, and there was nothing really coming out this weekend that we really fancied at all and having directed a vampire film and really gone for something completely different to the kind of romantic, you know, repressed hormone teen vampire movie we really weren’t interested in seeing Twilight but a lot of people said lets go so I wrote -
“Twilight drunk? No, not even drunk. Twilight on acid? No, not even on acid? Twilight at gun point? Just shoot me.”
[That’s like] a poem in a way [...] at this point excites me even though people think I’m a really violent and unpleasant person I actually do have this romantic violent side to me. Maybe I should have seen Twilight."'
It sounds as though maybe he wasn't the right person to have direct Eclipse to me. Sheesh!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely agree with you regarding David Slade being all wrong as the director of Eclipse. Eclipse is my favorite book of Stephenie's, would love to know what she is thinking about it. She has been very careful so far with her baby not to give it the anyone who would not love it like we all do, maybe she know something we don't. Can only hand it over to the care of the Gods I guess.

smvgrey said...

Well for a minute there i thought that said "David Spade"..lol He doesn't really have much directing experience. I'd like to see the movies progressively get darker but given he did "30 days of night" i don't know if i'm ready for it to go THAT dark..

On topic, check out my latest trailer for Eclipse..maybe I can apply to be the director ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7tqYTJuciA

Anonymous said...

Shame, shame, shame on him...how could anyone not want to see Twilight???

hoLLy said...

punk!

Katie Cullen said...

you are SO right!!! What if he wrecks Eclipse?????!