Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Taylor Tells Robert Fans "Don't Hate On Me Too Much"

From EOnline:
Want to make sure all four Twilight movies get made?
Taylor Lautner, aka Jacob Black, has a suggestion. "I’m telling fans to go see New Moon at least one more time than you saw Twilight and all will be good," Lautner just told me when I called in to chat with him during Walmart's Twilight special on BlogTalkRadio.
He agrees with Kristen Stewart's prediction that the fourth and last in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, will get the go-ahead from the movie studio.
Lautner, along with Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Nikki Reed, have just begun rehearsing the second installment, New Moon, in Vancouver with director Chris Weitz set to start shooting sometime next week. The third, Eclipse, has officially been greenlighted with Drew Barrymore under consideration to direct. (And if you haven't heard by now, the DVD release of Twilight happens March 21.)
"Now that I've seen this kind of passion and dedication in the fans, I wouldn't see a reason [Breaking Dawn] wouldn't happen," Lautner said.
For now, Lautner is getting ready for that passion to grow even stronger, because the competition between Jacob and Edward becomes fierce in New Moon. In other words, the battle between Team Taylor and Team Robert will likely reach new levels of hysteria.
"I'm getting a little nervous," Lautner admitted. "But I'm so thankful for the fans and even those Robert Pattinson/Edward fans. I know we wouldn't…be here filming New Moon and [then] filming Eclipse if it wasn't for them."
But he had a message to Team Robert: "Don't hate on me too much. I love you, guys."
Lautner also revealed the New Moon movie will stick pretty much to the book, meaning it's unlikely Jacob and Bella will share a kiss…at least not this time around.
"Maybe you'll see a little bit more action in the third," he said. "I'm excited for that."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) He's right by saying we should not hate him but anyway: he plays Jacob and I CANNOT LIKE him. *haha* Jacob is just Jacob. And Jacob did never play fair in the books - this dog! *haha*
But I love Taylor for this role. He's perfect!

Anonymous said...

I hated Jacob in Breaking Dawn {just the way he acted made real disapointed}; he made me really mad and i read the other comment from Melo and i agree; Jacob is just Jacob. And Taylor is perfect for the roll.

Cindy said...

I am Team Edward all the way!!!, but....if they made a "Team Taylor," I think I might have to be first on the list ~ he's so adorable!!!

And by the way, great job Summit in trying to endear Taylor to us so all of us Team Edward people will start liking Jacob better. But guess what, it's not going to work. As mentioned above, Jacob is just Jacob, no matter who plays him. But don't worry, we'll still go to see New Moon probably just as many times as we did Twilight; after all, Edward shows up in the end :-)

katmdbrown said...

To me, the character of Jacob is so important in it's own way; it's necessary to have him in Bella's life in New Moon. Not on a romantic level; I don't think Bella would ever have really fallen for him honestly; but more as a savior, for that's what he was to her. Bella's love was always Edward; but Jacob saved her in New Moon. So, (and I don't want to offend anyone out there) I just don't see the point in the whole team edward team jacob thing. They each have their own purposes and roles in the story. I love them for what they are to Bella.